DevOps: Emerging Need and a Dynamic Tool
Communication and collaboration are significant for any organization to deliver high-quality products and services. DevOps provides synchronization between the development and operation fields and is adaptable to changing and evolving market needs, and it helps to enhance customer satisfaction.
Firstly, it is essential to know what DevOps means. DevOps is made up of two words i.e., development and operations, which is a methodology to sync each and every step of the project. It provides the mechanism of various tools for automation as and when required. DevOps online training can be a boon to people who want to build their careers.
Need for DevOps and Cloud
As DevOps works on tested principles like an end to end management, automation, continuous enhancement, etc., it improves the overall performance of the product and service delivery. According to studies, DevOps implementation has improved 22% hike in customer satisfaction, 22% improvement in software standards, 19% in revenue hikes, and 17% boost in the regularity of application deployment.
On the other hand, Cloud computing provides the benefits of data storage affordably and conveniently. Cloud computing is the subset of DevOps and it is the superset of cloud.
Difference Between Cloud and DevOps
- A DevOps engineer is a computer science professional who deals with operations of software development & software testing and helps in the faster development of the software and related product & services to the customer. Whereas, a cloud engineer deals with cloud computing operations, like the creation and manufacturing of cloud infrastructure.
- DevOps works completely on agile methodology, whereas the cloud works partially on this approach. It is one of the most widely used methodologies in the software development life cycle. Agile methodology is quick and helps with risk management.
- DevOps engineer associated with the automation of various tools to provide integration and support between the development and testing teams. Cloud engineering is mainly associated with virtualization, a technique of splitting a physical resource into as many logical resources as works.
- Automation in DevOps plays a significant role as it is one of its fundamental principles. Automation refers to reducing human efforts to facilitate the development, testing, and deployment. Automation lessens the chances of error by providing tools such as selenium, Jira, Bamboo, SVN, etc. As said above, cloud computing is about virtualization; it refers to the technique that transforms hardware into software. Sometimes, it is also about adding up the resources.
- The understanding of DevOps engineers is comparatively higher than cloud engineers in the software lifecycle. DevOps engineer maintains the sync of development, testing, and information technology operations, whereas cloud engineer is engaged in cloud operations of creating virtual machines.
Future Scope in DevOps
DevOps is a trending career; day by day, it is gaining pace in the market due to its dynamic nature. There are many jobs available within this field.
- DevOps Engineer: It is also known as a platform engineer who is aware of many platforms and integrates steps in the business process. They can earn an average salary of $100,000 to $150,000.
- Build Engineer: They perform the hybrid role by managing technical and configurational roles. They possess a high degree of flexibility as they build code and find possible solutions for automation and its enhancement.
- Release Manager: They cooperate and coordinate with the build manager and sometimes assign tasks to them as and when required. They are concerned with the individual and overall development of the products and services.
- Automation Builder: They deeply understand DevOps as they are mainly concerned with its fundamental algorithm. They continuously evaluate the automation tools to maintain sync with the development and operations team. They can earn an average salary of $90,000 per year.
- DevOps Software: They must be fluent in coding and programming as it is the main building block for software development concerned with the products. They not only build the code but also deploy and maintain that.
- Security Engineer: They are crucial from the safety perspective, not only for the product and user sides. Security needs to pertain from the ground level.
- Data Analyst: They play a significant role in today’s scenario where data is worth millions and billions. They study and maintain the data being involved in operations.
DevOps and cloud are emerging and growing fields. One can earn a lot of skills and money from this field, but DevOps online training and cloud online training may enhance the skill set for better growth in these fields. To learn more about the DevOps online training certification, you can visit the website of Hero Vired.